Thursday, August 27, 2009

Movie Review: District 9

I saw District 9 last week, and I LOVED it. I even cried a little at a few parts, and you know I don't cry. If you're thinking that this movie isn't for you because you don't like science fiction, you're WRONG. This is not your typical sci-fi movie!

District 9 is a very intense movie. I'm not going to give anything away because it's best to see this movie without knowing what's going to happen, but I will say that there is some character development for the aliens, which I didn't expect. District 9 is a thrilling movie with themes pertaining to prejudice and Apartheid.

There are some pretty gross parts, but you're just gonna have to get over it. You really shouldn't miss this movie! And the best part: it's an in independent film, so Hollywood didn't mess it up (if it had, Christian Bale probably would have been the lead).

No comments:

Post a Comment